James Dean Jack Purcell
Their perhaps one of the most iconic footwear worldwide, however despite its fame, there’s most likely things you don’t learn about Converse’s JP label.
They’re probably one of the most classic footwear around, recognised all over the world with their easy yet special design. Donned by everybody else from scruffy adolescents to sleek celebs, they will have become a staple in scores of closets. The JP means Jack Purcell, and although his name is almost certainly not known in just about every family, the iconic shoes that he designed are. Listed here are 8 issues didn’t know about this superstar sports shoe, as well as the guy in it.
1. John Edward “Jack” Purcell was a Canadian World Champion Badminton Player.
2. Jack Purcell shoes were launched because of the badminton player in 1935.
3. They were made to provide more protections and assistance regarding badminton judge.
4. Purcell was awarded the ‘Outstanding Athlete of the twentieth Century Award’ by the Canadian Press in 1950.
5. In 1970’s Converse purchased the rights on Jack Purcell silhouette from B.F Goodrich business of Canada.
6. Fans associated with the JP include James Dean, Elvis Presley and Kurt Cobain among others.